• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where can I get a copy of Petty Theft law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thetoad

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My husband received an intracompany transfer to Canada, but I have a petty theft conviction from 15 years ago. I need to prove that I have been rehabilitated and obtain a copy of the statute. The charge was a Misdemeanor (A) 484-488-490.5. I cannot seem to be able to find this anywhere! Can someone help!

Also, it says that the record was destroyed in 2000. What does this mean???

Thank you!

CdwJava

thetoad said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My husband received an intracompany transfer to Canada, but I have a petty theft conviction from 15 years ago. I need to prove that I have been rehabilitated and obtain a copy of the statute. The charge was a Misdemeanor (A) 484-488-490.5. I cannot seem to be able to find this anywhere! Can someone help!

Also, it says that the record was destroyed in 2000. What does this mean???

Thank you!
I don't know what it would mean for a record to be "destroyed" other than they physically shredded or deleted something ... but this doesn't generally happen without a court order. In what context was this term used, and who told you this information? Youi need to contact the CA Department of Justice to inquire about your criminal history.

And here's a link to the sections you cite:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=70412516879+1+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve

Scroll down to the appropriate sections.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">