• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where do I go from here??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimmifoxx

What is the name of your state? Ohio
My Question is what I can do about a past record (+20 years) that is stopping me from working at my church because there is a school? State Law stops people from working any where that there are kids around. I did my time when I was 19 and it is still comeing up after 20 plus years. What can I do or who can I contact to do something about this. Why is it still showing up after this many years if it was the only offence I had? Please advice me what to do to change this law or do something to change my record.

Thank you,:)

CdwJava

The only way you can change the law on this (fat chance) would be to convince the legislature to change the law. But ... uh ... don't count on it ... being soft on sex offenders is not a way for a politician to get re-elected.

- Carl

Betty

Reading between the lines we have a very good idea of what you were convicted of. I don't see where you will be able to seal/expunge your record in Ohio. Don't get your hopes up re changing the law - not likely to happen.

mimmifoxx

where do I go from here.

OHIO When I was 19 I did 12 months straight time for drug trafficing. That was in 1985. When does the state law stop going back into your records.? So you can start a new life without it hanging over your head?? How do I change things would it be with my time? I'm not very eduatated but I am determed. Thank You for you respons,:confused:

weenor

mimmifoxx said:
OHIO When I was 19 I did 12 months straight time for drug trafficing. That was in 1985. When does the state law stop going back into your records.? So you can start a new life without it hanging over your head?? How do I change things would it be with my time? I'm not very eduatated but I am determed. Thank You for you respons,:confused:
A felony conviction as an adult does not go away unless you can convice the govenor to give you a pardon.:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">