• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife died mother in law entered house removing items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickwp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ms
my wife died on 6/19/i live in ky but work in ms. my wife was here in ms with me when she had her car accident. motherin law came down and while down stayed at the property my wife and i were renting. the land lord would not allow me entrance into the house hoping to avoid problems. my wifes items as well as mine were in the house. i went as far as having the lauderdale county sherriffs department accompany me to the house. i was till not allowed access to the house being told it was a civil matter even after i asked them with my wifes death if everything in the house did not now belong to me. they agreed and even after hearing that mother in law was removing items and giving items to various people they still did nothing. i understand that to be thief and had no argument from the sherriffs department on that belief. i was not interested in all items in the house but had sentimental as well as important in formation which would help with conducting the upcoming business. since then mother in law has impersonated my wife over the phone in order to have the cell phones cut off has had various people threaten me and created bogus charges in order to have me put in jail. i worry what her next course of action will be in order to attack me so i have now decided to bring charges of theft against her in hopes that i will get me point across that i need to be left alone in order to handle my wifes death and all other issues that arise from it. i have made that clear to her as well as her making it clear to me that she wanted no contact of any kind just to be left alone and that she wanted nothing to do with my wifes debt her ashes or funeral she wanted absolutlely nothing to do with any thing else involving my wife. i am worried about her next attack against me and quite frankly tireed of fighting just to do the right thing by my wife and her family.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ms
my wife died on 6/19/i live in ky but work in ms. my wife was here in ms with me when she had her car accident. motherin law came down and while down stayed at the property my wife and i were renting. the land lord would not allow me entrance into the house hoping to avoid problems. my wifes items as well as mine were in the house. i went as far as having the lauderdale county sherriffs department accompany me to the house. i was till not allowed access to the house being told it was a civil matter even after i asked them with my wifes death if everything in the house did not now belong to me. they agreed and even after hearing that mother in law was removing items and giving items to various people they still did nothing. i understand that to be thief and had no argument from the sherriffs department on that belief. i was not interested in all items in the house but had sentimental as well as important in formation which would help with conducting the upcoming business. since then mother in law has impersonated my wife over the phone in order to have the cell phones cut off has had various people threaten me and created bogus charges in order to have me put in jail. i worry what her next course of action will be in order to attack me so i have now decided to bring charges of theft against her in hopes that i will get me point across that i need to be left alone in order to handle my wifes death and all other issues that arise from it. i have made that clear to her as well as her making it clear to me that she wanted no contact of any kind just to be left alone and that she wanted nothing to do with my wifes debt her ashes or funeral she wanted absolutlely nothing to do with any thing else involving my wife. i am worried about her next attack against me and quite frankly tireed of fighting just to do the right thing by my wife and her family.
File a criminal complaint against her. Other than that, i am not quite sure what you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">