• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife opening bank accounts in my name and threatening to send videos to girlfriend..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdxguy

What is the name of your state (OREGON)?

I am still married but have been split with my wife for a couple years now. I found out recently she has been applying for many credit cards in my name to show a bunch of inquiries to lower my credit score, she has also opened a bank account in my name at a bank i work and is now threatening to send homemade videos that we made together to my new girlfriend, is there any way i can prevent this from happening and can i have her arrested for opening a bank account in my name?

TigerD

• Report the identity theft to the police.
• Tell your new girlfriend about your movie star past.
• Seek an order of protection
• Get divorced
• Document everything
• Dispute the credit report entries with a copy of the police report

DC

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (OREGON)?

I am still married but have been split with my wife for a couple years now. I found out recently she has been applying for many credit cards in my name to show a bunch of inquiries to lower my credit score, she has also opened a bank account in my name at a bank i work and is now threatening to send homemade videos that we made together to my new girlfriend, is there any way i can prevent this from happening and can i have her arrested for opening a bank account in my name?
I agree with DC. You have issues. You can't have her arrested. How do you know it was her? What EVIDENCE do you have? You can't have her arrested. You can file a police report regarding the identity theft. How did SHE open a bank account in your name without you unless the bank broke the law as well?

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How did SHE open a bank account in your name without you unless the bank broke the law as well?
One can open accounts online in another person's name if they have enough correct information about the person.

pdxguy

One can open accounts online in another person's name if they have enough correct information about the person.

i know she is doing it, i have taken screen shots of her, she forgot she gave me her password to her email a long time ago, so i have screen shots of her bragging about opening accounts in my name and trying to open credit cards in my name

quincy

i know she is doing it, i have taken screen shots of her, she forgot she gave me her password to her email a long time ago, so i have screen shots of her bragging about opening accounts in my name and trying to open credit cards in my name
So you are accessing her email account without her permission?

Proserpina

I wonder why she's doing this now, after several years of you being separated.

I doubt it's "new girlfriend syndrome".

With regards to opening new accounts online, okay - it's possible. But every single instance I've encountered has involved either a new account being attached to an already established account, or a very short (and I mean short) "okay fine, but we need that ID proof before you can actually do anything" type.

Proserpina

Afterthought: exactly how many "pings" to your credit have you suffered before someone somewhere made you aware of it?

Because the reality is, at some point there would be a flat out denial, triggered by multiple requests. And believe it or not, it's not as many as you might think.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If your girlfriend knows you were married then she certainly shouldn't be shocked that you had sex with your wife.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So you broke the law. Nice work. You are committing adultery, broke the law by going into her email without her permission and think you can use that against her. You don't even get how she can play that against you.

LeeHarveyBlotto

What is that supposed to mean?

OP stated that the wife is threatening to send videos they made together to the girlfriend. That would seem to imply that she believes it would upset the girlfriend.
You claimed it wouldn't surprise the GF that he had sex with his wife.

Perhaps not, it would just surprise every married man in the world.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">