• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will i serve time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clewis1022

What is the name of your state? Ney york

To all that might be able to help.
I have been charged with 2 cts of assult in the 3rd degree(120.00-1) and 2 cts of harassment 2nd degree (240.26-1) i have trial coming up in 2 weeks.This is what happened,i was walking down the street in down town buffalo by myself when i came up to 2 men and one female.One of the men hit the female in the face as i walked buy natrully i said something to the man, him and his buddy both came at me i hit one in the face then i turned and hit the other both were knocked out.I then stopped.The one was takin to the hospital and the other drove his self i guess.I left the sceen and proceded to where i was going.Then like a half hour later i was outside and the girl that was getting beat up was screaming and pointing at me that i beat up her boyfriend to the cops and i was then arested.all three have made statements against me.They all said that i was walking down the street and just started to hit them for no reason mind you i have nerver seen nor herd of these people before I have been in trouble before but nothing really crazy i have a yo on my record and i have been on probation once before i am 23 yrs old.I was also in the service for 4 years i have a wife and 3 children and i own my own bussiness.if found guilty what kind of sentence am i looking at thank you for any help

acmb05

clewis1022 said:
What is the name of your state? Ney york

To all that might be able to help.
I have been charged with 2 cts of assult in the 3rd degree(120.00-1) and 2 cts of harassment 2nd degree (240.26-1) i have trial coming up in 2 weeks.This is what happened,i was walking down the street in down town buffalo by myself when i came up to 2 men and one female.One of the men hit the female in the face as i walked buy natrully i said something to the man, him and his buddy both came at me i hit one in the face then i turned and hit the other both were knocked out.I then stopped.The one was takin to the hospital and the other drove his self i guess.I left the sceen and proceded to where i was going.Then like a half hour later i was outside and the girl that was getting beat up was screaming and pointing at me that i beat up her boyfriend to the cops and i was then arested.all three have made statements against me.They all said that i was walking down the street and just started to hit them for no reason mind you i have nerver seen nor herd of these people before I have been in trouble before but nothing really crazy i have a yo on my record and i have been on probation once before i am 23 yrs old.I was also in the service for 4 years i have a wife and 3 children and i own my own bussiness.if found guilty what kind of sentence am i looking at thank you for any help
Yet another reason to not get involved. Had this happen to me once and when I tried to help she started hitting me with her purse for hitting her boyfriend.

garrula lingua

You have trial in 2 weeks and you don't know the maximum sentence ????!!!!???
BAD, bad lawyering by your atty !

Your atty should have advised you of

1. Any offer from the Prosecutor (I'm sure there was one - if your atty asked ) [it is MANDTORY that your atty relay any offer to you and explain the consequences and risks of trial].

2. The maximum penalty you could receive (as well as the minimun if found guilty)

WTF is wrong with your attorney ?????

Contact this atty ASAP !
Get the answer from him/her !

Shame on your atty !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">