• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will my daughter go to prison?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Herbert Hoover

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

My daughter's on again off again boyfriend came into a large settlement and she for whatever reason signed her name on the check(he signed the check as well). He had several child support orders including one for my grandson and he did not report any of this income, some how this has all caught up with him and he's saying my daughter will be in trouble as well as she signed the check. My question is ismy duaghter in any real trouble and if so how much?

wdlugitch

Your post is very incomplete. Who did the boyfriend make the "settlement" with, how much was the "settlement" check, and what was the "settlement" for? Why did your daughter sign the "settlement" check?

BelizeBreeze

Herbert Hoover said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

My daughter's on again off again boyfriend came into a large settlement and she for whatever reason signed her name on the check(he signed the check as well). He had several child support orders including one for my grandson and he did not report any of this income, some how this has all caught up with him and he's saying my daughter will be in trouble as well as she signed the check. My question is ismy duaghter in any real trouble and if so how much?
None of the questions asked so far have any bearing on the legal issues. The ONLY issue here is the child support orders. If your daughter's boyfriend had child support orders for which arrears were being paid, he can infact, get into serious trouble for not reporting the settlement.

If, on the other hand, he only has support orders, he is not required to report the extrodinary income as it is not income per se but a one-time windfall.

So, does he have arrears and what do you mean 'has caught up with him?'

BelizeBreeze

wdlugitch said:
The post was about whether the daughter had any legal exposure.
Well doh! then why did you ask any such questions? A simple NO based on the facts presented would have sufficed. How much the settlement was for, with whom the BOYFRIEND made the settlement and any other questions regarding the boyfriend are irrelevant.

wdlugitch

I saw nothing in the post question about a concern the legal exposure of the BOYFRIEND, only concern for the legal exposure of the DAUGHTER. Also I think the proper spelling is not doh but duh!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">