• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will the real husband please step forward

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SUSIEQ502

What is the name of your state?California

I divorced my husband 3 years ago after discovering he had $65000 in debt which he had been lying about and hiding from me. I decided to let him move back in after 1 year. After a credit check had been run I noticed another man's name under his social. I questioned him thinking possible identity theft, he said he had never seen the name before. He didn't look into the issue any further which I felt was strange. Now, I was reviewing a loan we had gotten afew months back and found an affidavit which stated that my husband and the individual named which he knew nothing of were one and the same person. Why would anyone need to have two totally different names? His mother also comes up under his social security number...why would that happen?

Please help

fairisfair

Why would they do that? Why would he have two names?
there could be a lot of reasons why he might have two names, maybe he once changed his name, that is the only "good" one that I can think of. It is not uncommon for another persons' name to show up on a social security trace. Perhaps they (mom and son) once applied for something jointly where only sonny's social was used. Obviously, though, your husband has lots of secrets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">