• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will they know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

digitalgliff

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I recently was "let go" From a job on my second day of trainning. I mistakenly didnt mention that 7.5 years ago i was brought up on shoplifting charges. (I thaught they droped off after 7)

My question is as fallows. Do i have to to put that job down in a application for past work history? If i dont, will they find out a "let me go"

Seriouse replies only please. :confused:

Last edited:

D

digitalgliff

Doesnt the background check also cover past employers?

I dont want to make the situation worse.

CdwJava

Well, if they find out you were employed there they could terminate you for falsifying an application if they ever find out about it in the future. And a background check of any depth would still find out about the conviction or the court record.

If you are asking about not putting down a job which you held for two days ... well, again, if they find out you didn't put it down then you can be fired for falsifying the app.

- Carl

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do you HAVE to put it down? Well, no, no one is holding a gun to your head and there isn't any law that says you have to.

But as Carl says, if they find out, through a background check or other means (often employers know each other and talk to one another!) then you can legally be fired for falsifying your application.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">