• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will winco take me to court for three dollars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knipselli

So i accidentally walked out of winco with three dollars worth of merchandise. It was an honest mistake. I set it on top *my bag and went inside when i reached into my purse. I know it probably looks like i deliberately stole something, i can't fight that. I was brought into a room and told to sign the papers For the civil demand. $203.05. I'm going to pay it. I cannot prove i didn't try to steal it. No police were called. The only thing im worried about is going to court. Would winco really take me to court if i pay their fine for the $3 item? Wouldn't that not be very cost effective for them? Right before i left the security guard asked if i wanted to confess our stick with my story, i said im sticking to my story because that's the truth. I'm now afraid that this is going to blow up out of proportions*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">