• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WinThisHouse SCAM?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

booboo3

Tennessee

http://www.winthishouse2004.com

I am wondering what the laws are on this. Does this person have to pay taxes on what they receive. Is there any law saying that this is not allowed

The rules are, you pay 100 dollars and you must write an essay then you are entered to have a chance to win a house.

I would like as much information as possible,

Thanks.

Last edited:

CdwJava

booboo3 said:
Is there anyway someone could check on this for me?
The answer to your question is in the fine print on the website - look again.

And I wouldn't touch this gig with a 10' pole! It could EASILY be fraud ... and very likely is.

- Carl

AHA

If it's to good to be true, it probably is.

I think they got this idea from a film I've seen.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

booboo3 said:
Tennessee

http://www.winthishouse2004.com

I am wondering what the laws are on this. Does this person have to pay taxes on what they receive. Is there any law saying that this is not allowed

The rules are, you pay 100 dollars and you must write an essay then you are entered to have a chance to win a house.

I would like as much information as possible,

Thanks.

My response:

Aren't Appalachian State dwellers inventive? This Tennessee "home" is not a "home" . . . It's a double-wide trailer! That's why it's a "distant shot". There are no brick and mortar "homes" in the Appalachian States. There's only trailers!

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Aren't Appalachian State dwellers inventive? This Tennessee "home" is not a "home" . . . It's a double-wide trailer! That's why it's a "distant shot". There are no brick and mortar "homes" in the Appalachian States. There's only trailers!

IAAL
You kill me with this trailer business lol :D

racer72

Considering that interstate lotteries are illegal except for those specifically authorized by specific state legislatures, this lottery is most likely illegally outside of the state.

booboo3

So the only thing that is illigal about this is that no one out of state can do this?

What about taxes? Am I aloud to get the information of the winner? ETC.

HomeGuru

booboo3 said:
So the only thing that is illigal about this is that no one out of state can do this?

**A: you are not allowed to speak in aloud voice.

CdwJava

booboo3 said:

The tax issue is addressed on the website ... you need to read it. And on the off chance that it IS legitimate, there is no legal requirement that the parties involved tell you who won. However, the county registrar or whoever holds records of property title and transfer WOULD have a record of any sale.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">