• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wire tap for the sheriff? Should I do it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deserteye

Arizona.

Background: I am a chiropractor who treats patients that are injured in vehicle accidents. I do not own the clinic, I run one office for another chiropractor. I have no knowledge of any unethical procedures, nor of any fraudulent procedures that are occurring at the clinic. To my knowledge there are none.

I was approached by two sheriffs after work along with a guy from an "investigation group". They told me that they had been investigating the clinic for over 5 years and that they were going to bring down the clinic and my boss for fraud. Because I work at the clinic, that means I am going down with it. They convinced me to wear a wire tap for tomorrow's clinic meeting with my boss, as I thought this would show them that I was telling the truth of not knowing of any wrong doing.

On second thought, I should not be "convinced" into wearing a wire tap, because I have not done anything wrong. Or am I guilty by association? Well, I have decided to not wear the wire tap and to seek a lawyer tomorrow. What type of lawyer do I need? Any more advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I am so frustrated that I have done nothing wrong, and now I have to spend my savings to defend myself. AARRRGG!! Thank you.

-M

magic55

I hire a top defense/business attorney if you can. You must know of some reputable lawyers. You dont want to risk your career or license to practice.

Some Random Guy

You are being threatened with prosecution and loss of your license. You should have a lawyer to represent you. Wearing a wire has very little chance of providing evidence to clear you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">