• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wisconsin Disorderly Conduct and Destruction of Property laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

clearasmud for some reason deleted her thread. Her boyfriend was charged with two disorderly conduct charges and a destruction of property charge and she wanted to know what that could mean for him.

Here are the links to the statutes that I provided in the now-deleted thread (no sense in having my research go to waste :)).

Destruction of property can be charged as a Class A misdemeanor or a Class 1 felony:
http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/943/I/01

Disorderly Conduct is a Class B misdemeanor:
http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/947/01

When property is damaged or destroyed, it is almost a given that restitution (compensation for the loss) will be part of any sentence.

Whenever someone is charged with a misdemeanor and, especially, whenever someone is charged with a felony, getting a criminal defense attorney is the smartest first move they can make. An attorney will work to get the person charged the best possible outcome based on the facts - with the best possible outcome sometimes meaning a reduction in the charges or even a dismissal of the charges and probation instead of jail.

As a note to thread-deleters: I can understand the reason behind some of the deletions, especially if what has been revealed in posts can lead to identification of the parties and could, thus, be harmful to a legal action the poster, or someone the poster knows, is currently involved in. That said, the volunteers on this site take time out of their often-busy schedules to provide accurate legal information and good advice. Your thread, and the information provided in it, could be of some help to others who come to this forum. Please do not delete your thread, and with it our research, without good reason. Thanks.

commentator

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Whenever someone is charged with a misdemeanor and, especially, whenever someone is charged with a felony, getting a criminal defense attorney is the smartest first move they can make. An attorney will work to get the person charged the best possible outcome based on the facts - with the best possible outcome sometimes meaning a reduction in the charges or even a dismissal of the charges and probation instead of jail.

That's what I told her. She also came out with some reasons why her "professional" boyfriend was living hand to mouth, had just bought a new car and therefore couldn't afford an attorney.

quincy

That's what I told her. She also came out with some reasons why her "professional" boyfriend was living hand to mouth, had just bought a new car and therefore couldn't afford an attorney.
I remember that from her posts.

It comes down to priorities, I guess. Paying for a new car that cannot be used when in jail on one hand, or hiring a defense lawyer to perhaps keep you from going to jail and having a criminal record on the other. Seems a clear choice to me but I am not the one who has to make the decision. :)

Just Blue

It was probroly my fault. OP too offense because I asked if the BF knew she was posting his legal stuff on the net.

quincy

It was probroly my fault. OP too offense because I asked if the BF knew she was posting his legal stuff on the net.
Ah. That could explain it.

And I guess it answered your question as to whether the boyfriend knew about it, too. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">