• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withheld Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eurasian

Am an intelligent, productive member of society. Had a lapse in judgement at the end of the summer and went camping with some friends. Ended up being cited with a misdeamenor possession of marijuana. Have a spotless record and entered a gulity plea with a request for withheld judgement. Affirmed in court that I had learned my lesson and did not want this to mar my record. Was sentenced to 4 days in jail and a 200 dollar fine, to be carried out within 3 months of the court date (9-9-99) at which time the charge would be dropped from my record.Paid my fine on that day and arranged with the jailer to serve my 4 days in Novemer. The jail and courthouse are 3 hours from my home. I took the necessary personal leave days off of work and upon making the trek to the jail was told that there was no room for me and I would have to reschedule. I am now scheduled to serve time 1 day after my 3 month probatio ends...providing the jail has room to house me. This means I will have to request more time from work,(making me somewhat of an absentee employee) and incur the time and expense of driving up to serve my time. Not to mention that my probationary period is being prolonged to accommodate the jail's ability to house me. Somehow, it doesnt seem fair and I don't know what, if any, rights I am entitled to.

M

Marcia M

Sounds to me like you cut off 3 of the 4 days in jail. Congratulations. What more do you want?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">