• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman Scorned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chuffnut

What is the name of your state? CO

My wife recently found out about an affair that I had with her best friend and the child which resulted from this affair. My wife now intends to distribute flyers stating these facts. Will she be breaking any laws? Is there anything to prevent her from doing this?

enjay

Well, you could tell her that she's going to look just as bad as you will if she does that.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if what she is stating is true I do not believe it is illegal.

HomeGuru

Chuffnut said:
What is the name of your state? CO

My wife recently found out about an affair that I had with her best friend and the child which resulted from this affair. My wife now intends to distribute flyers stating these facts. Will she be breaking any laws?

**A: no, and she can also mail out postcards, fax and email all those in both of your inner circles. Heck, she can even take out ads in the newspapers and magazines. And create a website. And go on tv and radio.

Is there anything to prevent her from doing this?
**A: pay her off.

H

hexeliebe

Count your blessings. At least she's not shopping for a large sized butcher knife and singing you to sleep ala Elena Bobbit :D

P

pass23431

If your wife just found out that you had an affair, and fathered a child with one of her friends behind her back, and she plans to distribute flyers containing these facts, personally, I think you got away clean. Many women scorned have been known to do alot worse.

H

hexeliebe

Sure he can.

And when the judge tosses out the case the whole world will know, the gallery will snicker and the judge will talk about him over drinks at the club.

dakoto70

wondering

I was just wondering how it could be considered defamation when he indeed did what she is saying he did? Just curious

HomeGuru

Re: wondering

dakoto70 said:
I was just wondering how it could be considered defamation when he indeed did what she is saying he did? Just curious
**A: read the question and response.
The question was "can he sue for defamation" and the response from hexy was, "sure he can".
No one considered the writer's proposed actions as being considered defamation.

dakoto70

ok

But wouldn't the writer be wasteing his time trying to sure for something like that? Thats what I was asking. Because it is obvious that he did what she said he did or am I thinking of something else like slander? Just curious no reason to get grouchy with the answer. How am I supposed to learn if I don't ask questions?

H

hexeliebe

If the cure for adultry is snip and tuck for a man, what is comparable for a woman?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">