• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work for employer that may be in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

beadwoman42

I am an office manager for a dentist that is accused of assualting a patient in our office and there are witnesses that include employees and other patients........this patient is on DSHS. There is another incident that involves an elderly lady who also is on DSHS. Until Sept. 15, 2000 we were providers for DSHS, but he was told his provider license would be taken away unless he agreed to quit taking DSHS patients. I have been contcted by a DSHS investigater who wishes to interview me on Sat. Oct 21, 2000 at a local resturant in my home town......I need to know if I should talk to her. I am at a quandry with this because I know that there are some issues that i feel my employer may be very guilty on. I really think that he is defenseless in the issue of the assault, and i think the issue with this elderly woman is that we dddo not provide emergency on-call Doctors for th weekends or whrn my employer is out of state, and she needed us one weekend and her family is very upset. please.........i need some advice????

------------------
beadwoman

T

Tracey

Why are you reluctant to talk to DSHS? Do you feel you might have some liability? If so, don't talk to her without an immunity agreement or an attorney present. If you had no prior knowledge of any wrongdoings, you're just a witness. Tell the truth & let the chips fall where they may. I think your job is going away no matter what. The dental board will probably yank his license for the assault.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

B

beadwoman42

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
Why are you reluctant to talk to DSHS? Do you feel you might have some liability? If so, don't talk to her without an immunity agreement or an attorney present. If you had no prior knowledge of any wrongdoings, you're just a witness. Tell the truth & let the chips fall where they may. I think your job is going away no matter what. The dental board will probably yank his license for the assault.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you for your response. I just wanted to know if I should seek legal representation. I do not have any liability with either situation. I want to help DSHS in any way I can, and I don't care if my job is going away........I want to persue my paralegal studies anyway and this was just a sideline for some office experience. (Some experience!) I have already talked with an investigater for the Attorney General's office and will cooperate with DSHS. I work in Lynnwood, WA and thank you once again for your response to my situation.

------------------
beadwoman

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">