• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried about stolen vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x602xdaddy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
An abandoned vehicle showed up in my parking lot of my apartments and i sat in vehicle to check it out and come to find out the vehicle stolen, do i need to be concerned of legal action against me if i left fingerprints in or on vehicle?

justalayman

just where might have you left fingerprints? It doesn't take touching the car to call the police and report an abandoned vehicle so if they are inside the car, you might have some explaining to do.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
An abandoned vehicle showed up in my parking lot of my apartments and i sat in vehicle to check it out and come to find out the vehicle stolen, do i need to be concerned of legal action against me if i left fingerprints in or on vehicle?
Do you frequently just hop on in to cars in the parking lot???

If they lift prints, and if they identify you, then you could be in trouble.

However, you might also consider contacting the police to let them know you sat inside of it and explain where they will fin your prints and why. Of course, if you really are the thief or his/her friend, you might not want to say anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">