• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worthless check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeepgirl78

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Here is my situation... I am currently unemployed and have been looking for a job for a couple months now. I had a background check done for one company and a copy of it was sent to me this past friday. I was completely surprised to see that I had three "simple worthless check violations" on it. The disposition was pending, saying that the warrent was not served: returned. So I am not disputing that I wrote the bad checks, that is completely my bad. I called the court clerks office and was told to come down and have the summons served to me and then pay the court costs and checks and I will be on my way. But that means that I am pleading guilty. What are my options? I am not very likely able to get a lawyer, but I would like to know what my options may be.

seniorjudge

jeepgirl78 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Here is my situation... I am currently unemployed and have been looking for a job for a couple months now. I had a background check done for one company and a copy of it was sent to me this past friday. I was completely surprised to see that I had three "simple worthless check violations" on it. The disposition was pending, saying that the warrent was not served: returned. So I am not disputing that I wrote the bad checks, that is completely my bad. I called the court clerks office and was told to come down and have the summons served to me and then pay the court costs and checks and I will be on my way. But that means that I am pleading guilty. What are my options? I am not very likely able to get a lawyer, but I would like to know what my options may be.
Q: What are my options?

A: If you wish, you may plead not guilty to one or more of the charges and have a trial (including a jury trial) on that charge(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">