• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worthless Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbmiller60

Hello,
A little over a year ago I had some checks that came in and bounced. It took me a while to get them paid off and they were sent to the state attorney. I did finally get them paid off. During the process I missed my court date and a warrent was issued for my arrest for writing worthless checks. Anyways I paid off all my checks and the warrent was recalled and I thought the matter was closed. I recently applied for another job and during the background check a felony charge was on my background for the worthless checks even though all the checks had been paid and the warrent recalled. I was told that they were going to withhold judication. I need to get this mess cleared up! I can't get another job with that on my record. Any help that I can get would be appreciated:confused: vP.S The total for the worthless checks were less than a $1000.00. I live in the state of Florida.

CdwJava

There was a warrant issued ... that means there is a record of the allegation.

Contact the FDLE and ask them how you can get this removed from your record. Chances are you will need to contact an attorney to do this for you.

- carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">