• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would this be Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bryanbd77

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My wife and I are separated. I called my cell phone provider and had her cell phone services suspended, changed the pin number, and removed her from the account in the afternoon. I received a text message from the provider saying changes were made. I knew it was me so I ignored it. The next day I get the same text message. So I call them and when I entered in the pin number it said it was incorrect so I put in the old one and it worked. When the representative answered I told him about the message and asked about changes being made. He told me that there were changes made last night at this time. I know it wasn't me because I was at work and can prove that and I'm not allowed to make personal calls at work. So the only person that leaves would be my wife having a male friend call and act liked me. I asked how the account was verified and he said it was verified through my address and last 4 of my SSN. The caller then unsuspended her phone service, added her back to account, and changed the pin number. That was the only things done to the account. The only reason why someone would need to access the account was to turn her phone back on. What can I do since I can't prove who actually called but stating this information I believe would be hard for her to deny.

cvdesign

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My wife and I are separated. I called my cell phone provider and had her cell phone services suspended, changed the pin number, and removed her from the account in the afternoon. I received a text message from the provider saying changes were made. I knew it was me so I ignored it. The next day I get the same text message. So I call them and when I entered in the pin number it said it was incorrect so I put in the old one and it worked. When the representative answered I told him about the message and asked about changes being made. He told me that there were changes made last night at this time. I know it wasn't me because I was at work and can prove that and I'm not allowed to make personal calls at work. So the only person that leaves would be my wife having a male friend call and act liked me. I asked how the account was verified and he said it was verified through my address and last 4 of my SSN. The caller then unsuspended her phone service, added her back to account, and changed the pin number. That was the only things done to the account. The only reason why someone would need to access the account was to turn her phone back on. What can I do since I can't prove who actually called but stating this information I believe would be hard for her to deny.
Have you advised the cell carrier of the situation? Oftentimes, they will notate the account and arrange for other methods of account verification.

At least, they've (the carrier with three initials and starts with an "A") done that for me.

Otherwise, another solution might be to call your carrier, CANCEL the other line(s) and pay the contract cancellation fee (usually around $250) -- but that depends on how desperately you want her off your account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">