• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would I have been legally correct?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Foe[H]ammer

What is the name of your state? Texas
OK, so my girlfriend and I are driving home on the freeway and a white Grand Prix is in the passing lane doing 25 miles an hour. She literally had to stand on the brakes to keep from rear-ending him. We wait as cars whizz by until an opening emerges and we pass. When we pass I give the guy "the finger" (yes, I'm fully aware I'm a moron) and we get back into 65 MPH traffic.

Ten minutes later I see this guy (same guy) off to my right gesturing wildly and brandishing a gun. We’re running about 70 MPH and I calmly look over to her and tell her the situation. We got away, but I have a legal permit to carry a handgun in this state. I had my gun in my lap at the time. Would I have been within my rights (BTW I really was in fear for our well being) to simply open the window and open fire on this guy?

I realize the implications of this act (which is why I did not do it), possible death, causing him to cause death with erratic driving, possible by-standers involved. I'm just REALLY curious as to whether "LEGALLY" I could have shot this guy from a moving vehicle on a freeway for basically telling me he was going to kill me for flipping him off, which was the gist I gathered from his gestures.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Foe[H]ammer said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
OK, so my girlfriend and I are driving home on the freeway and a white Grand Prix is in the passing lane doing 25 miles an hour. She literally had to stand on the brakes to keep from rear-ending him. We wait as cars whizz by until an opening emerges and we pass. When we pass I give the guy "the finger" (yes, I'm fully aware I'm a moron) and we get back into 65 MPH traffic.

Ten minutes later I see this guy (same guy) off to my right gesturing wildly and brandishing a gun. We’re running about 70 MPH and I calmly look over to her and tell her the situation. We got away, but I have a legal permit to carry a handgun in this state. I had my gun in my lap at the time. Would I have been within my rights (BTW I really was in fear for our well being) to simply open the window and open fire on this guy?

I realize the implications of this act (which is why I did not do it), possible death, causing him to cause death with erratic driving, possible by-standers involved. I'm just REALLY curious as to whether "LEGALLY" I could have shot this guy from a moving vehicle on a freeway for basically telling me he was going to kill me for flipping him off, which was the gist I gathered from his gestures.
My response:

Absolutely. You were well within your rights to just blow the ever lovin crap out of him, and splatter his grey matter all over his car and the roadway. Who cares that you would have caused a 30 car pile-up and had nightmares about killing somebody for the rest of your life. You should never have backed down, and never have looked for an escape. You should have just opened fire.

And, if you had missed, maybe he would have gotten lucky and taken out you and your girlfriend - - right, Mr. Macho?

We've got too many people in this country, and I for one, need more room. So, who cares if the potential for three dead bodies was there. The herd needs thinning anyway. I couldn't agree with you any more when you say, "(yes, I'm fully aware I'm a moron)." We need fewer morons and their girlfriends.

Shootouts in Texas are just wonderful - - especially at 70 miles per hour !

IAAL

Last edited:
F

Foe[H]ammer

Re: Re: Would I have been legally correct?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

Absolutely. You were well within your rights to just blow the ever lovin crap out of him, and splatter his grey matter all over his car and the roadway. Who cares that you would have caused a 30 car pile-up and had nightmares about killing somebody for the rest of your life. You should never have backed down, and never have looked for an escape. You should have just opened fire.

And, if you had missed, maybe he would have gotten lucky and taken out you and your girlfriend - - right, Mr. Macho?

We've got too many people in this country, and I for one, need more room. So, who cares if the potential for three dead bodies was there. The herd needs thinning anyway. I couldn't agree with you any more when you say, "(yes, I'm fully aware I'm a moron)." We need fewer morons and their girlfriends.

Shootouts in Texas are just wonderful - - especially at 70 miles per hour !

IAAL
no, no, **** NO! You're the imbecile .... you didn't even read the topic. you couldn't have read the post for that matter. could you be one of those "guns kill people" people?

gah what a friggin moron

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">