• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

would like help plz

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

betty lou

What is your state? Arizona I hope someone can help me. My husband is in prison and has been for 11 months STILL being classified. I was looking through his court sentencing papers and they have charged him for the wrong crime-let me explain: He was a sex offender in 1978 and has allways registered_we married in 2005, I went with him to register on 5-25-05. We have since moved and did not have a car to get him registered in the 72 hrs. He was arrested, but they charged him for 2 counts to failure to register on 5-25-05 and Sept-05 which he didn't register in time. The court threw out the Sept-05 and kept the 5-25-05 and charged him with that one_my ? is what can i do? They gave him 2 and a half yrs for the date that he did register_their mistake. Plz help me get my husband home. I have heart and lung disease and am struggling to make ends meat without him_ Thank you Betty lou

Last edited:

floridagurl

betty lou said:
What is your state? Arizona I hope someone can help me. My husband is in prison and has been for 11 months STILL being classified. I was looking through his court sentencing papers and they have charged him for the wrong crime-

i'm sorry about your husband. a friend of mine went thru the same thing here in florida (failure to register) & he was sentenced to 28 months. got out after 24. the only thing i can think might help your situation is to call his atty that handled the case. was he/she private or appointed? ask them about filing an appeal or post conviction relief. do you still have the paperwork showing he registered on 5/25? i know its just a technicality because obviously someone did a typo & put the wrong date in but maybe its enough for an appeal or other action. here's a link to the AZ Legislature. you can click on statutes & then check the box for ch 13 (criminal code) & then type in sexual offender or sex offender in the search box on top. hope things work out for you.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">