• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong place-wrong time.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarvaSueNash

my boyfriend went to a friends house.about 20 minutes after he arrived he was sitting on the couch and the cops knocked on the door.the homeowner answered the door.the cops asked to comin and the owner said yes.there was a lab in the bathroom and everyone went to jail and charged with manufacturing of a controled substance.the other two men both lived there but are saying my boyfriend was the cook.can he beat these charges.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Oh boy. Well, this is my take: your boyfriend went to a friend's house. Odds are he knows what they create in the bathroom and chances are he probably uses. Why do I say that? Because this is what the prosecutor will paint as the picture to judge or jury. Prosecution has the burden of proof to show he committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

So? So, your man needs to get a criminal defense attorney ASAP. If he has no history of drug abuse, is a solid citizen, good reputation in community and no criminal history, he should be okay.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">