• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong turn: man loses pants in prostitution snafu

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

single317dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130626/NEWS02/306260025/Off-the-Beat-Carmel-man-ends-up-pantless-after-lured-to-Indy-apartment

Link:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130626/NEWS02/306260025/Off-the-Beat-Carmel-man-ends-up-pantless-after-lured-to-Indy-apartment

For those who aren't familiar with the area, Carmel is the pricey suburb on the north side of Indianapolis, and the east side of town is generally poor, run-down, and home to the criminal element.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Link:

For those who aren't familiar with the area, Carmel is the pricey suburb on the north side of Indianapolis, and the east side of town is generally poor, run-down, and home to the criminal element.
For a moment, I thought YOU were confessing something Single317dad.:eek:

LdiJ

Link:

I am going to disagree a bit...Carmel is a pricey suburb in the next county, north of Indianapolis. The east side of Indianapolis has every kind of neighborhood you can imagine, but yes, the area he was in (near east side along the East Washington Street corridor, west of Irvington, is definitely someplace I would not be at night.

single317dad

I am going to disagree a bit...Carmel is a pricey suburb in the next county, north of Indianapolis. The east side of Indianapolis has every kind of neighborhood you can imagine, but yes, the area he was in (near east side along the East Washington Street corridor, west of Irvington, is definitely someplace I would not be at night.
Close enough. Indy and Carmel touch along 96th street (the county line) with the exception of Home Place. Carmel (as well as Fishers and Zionsville) is a decent-sized city in its own right, but isn't even the Hamilton County seat and amounts to nothing more than an expensive bedroom town for Indy. If they keep annexing, they'll be the next Ft Worth.

Yes, there are a few neighborhoods on the east side making a comeback, especially the historic ones, but I stand by my assessment in general.

CdwJava

If only this was an isolated incident where I have worked! Naked men popping out of the bushes after having been rolled the night before by a prostitute they THOUGHT was a woman ... ah, memories! :)

Ah, if there was a "war story" thread ...

LdiJ

Close enough. Indy and Carmel touch along 96th street (the county line) with the exception of Home Place. Carmel (as well as Fishers and Zionsville) is a decent-sized city in its own right, but isn't even the Hamilton County seat and amounts to nothing more than an expensive bedroom town for Indy. If they keep annexing, they'll be the next Ft Worth.

Yes, there are a few neighborhoods on the east side making a comeback, especially the historic ones, but I stand by my assessment in general.
I live on the eastside...your assessment is completely out of whack. The eastside is typical of any city. Pockets of bad, Pockets of solid working class neighborhoods, historic areas making a comeback and upscale neighborhoods. I agree that the near east side is as you describe it, but the near north side is just as bad. So calling the whole east side bad because the near east side is, is like calling Carmel bad because the near north side is.

If you really want to describe Indy, then downtown is good, the entire near east, west, north and south are bad except for pockets of historic neighborhoods, and pockets of working class neighborhoods, and the far east, west, north and south are good except for pockets of bad.

single317dad

I live on the eastside...your assessment is completely out of whack. The eastside is typical of any city. Pockets of bad, Pockets of solid working class neighborhoods, historic areas making a comeback and upscale neighborhoods. I agree that the near east side is as you describe it, but the near north side is just as bad. So calling the whole east side bad because the near east side is, is like calling Carmel bad because the near north side is.

If you really want to describe Indy, then downtown is good, the entire near east, west, north and south are bad except for pockets of historic neighborhoods, and pockets of working class neighborhoods, and the far east, west, north and south are good except for pockets of bad.
Arlington, Shadeland, Emerson, Post, Sherman; I've lived there and worked there, and I left to avoid raising kids there. My opinion only. I'm well outside of the city now so to each their own.

Just Blue

I was born and raised in Lynn. (Lynn Lynn City of sin, you don't get out the way you went in!) lol.

When asked where I lived and I said Lynn, the remark I heard most was: "But you don't have tattoos and greasy hair!".

Not all of my city was nasty. Some very nice and even upscale areas. (craptastic schools though :()

I pissed off my sister because she was "advising me" that the rent I was paying in Marblehead would more than pay for a mortgage in Lynn and I told her that I would not subject my daughter to the school system. I was called a "snob"....Pfft! Hardly. Just wanted my VERY BRIGHT child to have a better and SAFER education.

Now I will go and read about Mr. No Pants!! :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">