• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful use of a credit card/spending addiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ch0510

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I need answers on whether or not a person can still press charges against you if the money has already been paid back to rhe bank/individual. The individual I did this to is a family member and is basically still angry with me. Can they still press charges even if the bank has no interst in doing so?

garrula lingua

Yes. Your crime was against the State of Wisconsin who is the entity who can charge you.

If there are sufficient facts to charge you, and a victim and witnesses who agree to testify, you can still be charged.

Your repayment of the theft is a mitigating factor in sentencing, but would/should not affect the decision of whether or not to file the charge.
You did do the crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">