• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Accused Friend, Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wayne2002

My friend was arrested in Virginia and is awaiting extradition to Louisville Kentucky.

The situation is a massive mess and I need to find help including a criminal defense attorney for him.

He is accused of arson, which he did not do. The guilty party has been arrested and is awaiting his court date. However, my friends attorney has caused irreprial (spelling?) damage to my friend by the following facts.

1. He told my friend to leave the state (and the state attorney has confirmed that his attorney infact did tell him to leave the state.)

2. My friend had no way to contact the attorney, since the attorney insisted that only he would contact my friend. The attorney failed to notify him that he was supposed to make a court appearance this past week, when my friend was arrested in Virginia. (The state attorney also told my friend that he needed a new attorney since it all sounded fishy knowing the info in #1 as well as #2.)

3. The failure of his attorney in number 2 has caused him to be charged with Failure To Appear and they have also added the charge of "Persistent Felony Offender" to the list.

My friend went to court this morning for his extradition hearing and voluntarily waved his right to an attorney and also to voluntarily go back to Kentucky. The judge told my friend that they (circuit court) was on the phone with Lousiville and they said that they were NOT coming to virginia to bring him back. After 10 days he would be released and then he would have to call the Louisville police, state attorney and the Circuit Court to set a date for him to appear. Apparently more lies told to us (his mother and myself).

I came home and called the commonwealth attorneys office in Louisville, only to be transferred to a detective. The detective informed me that they were infact coming to extradite my friend back to kentucky within the 10 day period.

I hate to see my phone bill, but it is all worth it, to clear my friend of the wrongful charges against him.

I, my friend and his mother need help and to find an attorney who is willing to cut through the red tape and not trying to railroad my friend at reasonable costs.

I keep praying, but I realize that is not going to be enough. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Please help me keep an innocent man out of jail/prison.

Thank you.
Wayne2002

Last edited:

W

Wayne2002

Thanks for nothing!

It's obvious to me that no one wants to help an innocent man or woman for that matter in this country today. What has happened to the world? Is there ANY JUSTICE? I think not.

Perhaps everyone that reads this, needs to be placed in the shoes of the innocent person that has been falsely or wrongfully accused. I hope that never happens to any of you, but GOD help you if it does.

I get every door slammed in my face. I get no assisance no matter where I turn. I am at the end of my rope with the legal profession and law enforcement at this point. There is NO justice in either of them, except for the lawyers who make a vast sum of money and law enforcement has job security from others pain.

Lets be realistic here folks. For a 15 minute call from my friend in jail, it costs me $10.50 per call. That equals out to $0.70 per minute! I call that ORGANIZED CRIME, however it is totally legal for them to charge that outrageous fee or so I have been told.

WHO is the legal system trying to punish here anyway? As for me, I have to buy specific clothing, white T-shirts without pockets, white socks, white boxers (can't be briefs for men because the women have to wear panties) and white shorts to take to the jail.

I have to pay for all of the expenses since the inmate (my friend) has no way to pay for it. Which includes depositing money into an account so they will have to buy their supplies at exorbitant prices from the commissary.

Heaven forbid you should miss commissary because you can't get any supplies until the next time commissary is due to come around. Meaning for those who are incarcerated AFTER commissary, it could be a week or upto a month or more before you can buy your soap, shampoo, cigarettes (in smoking jails only), snacks, or soda's.

I guess that is the price I am willing to pay and pay taxes for having a CONSCIENCE! I am sorry I can't say the same for the law enforcement or the legal system in this country.

I truely PITTY anyone that has to deal with this CRAP!

There is no need to respond to this message since no one took the time to respond to my first one anyway. I doubt that anyone reads these messages anyway.

Wayne2002

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">