• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongly accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danab

What is the name of yourWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Georgia-USA I visited an old friend, at her invitation. We toured her house, then went outside and sat by the pool all afternoon. I never went back in her house until time to go. I went in with her and got my purse and left. I was never in he house alone, and we were the only ones there all day. When I got home, a cop showed up and said she accused me of stealing her jewelry. I wrote a statement, and was questioned by an investigator. They did not find there was enough evidence, and even found holes in her story, saying she was possibly filing a false report for insurance fraud. She paid to take out a warrant, and we have a pre-warrant hearing scheduled for tomorrow. I was wondering what to expect. state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
An arrest warrant is issued by a judge based on probable cause. Sounds like it was already determined that there was no probable cause.

What kind of a warrant is this?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">