• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongly accused and assaulted by store employee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HelloMikey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK
I was in a Duane Reade Pharmacy store , where i had placed some items in a store basket and decided not to purchase them, i put the basket down on the floor in the back of the store and left the store, I did not take any items out of the store or conceal any items either....i left and went to another Duane REade , about 6 blocks away and was confronted by security who wanted to look through a bag i had with me, he then told me to leave because i was in the other store and he said that i was going to leave the store with the whole basket ....i asked him how did he know i was goin to do that and that he shouldnt accuse me of anything like that , and that i didnt take anything so for him to leave me alone, we exchanged words and the arguement got a little heated, he then proceeded to put his hands around my neck and choke me and and shake me pretty hard, i left the store and called 911 to report it, the responding officers got his side and he admitted to them he choked me, they refuse to file the report because i was being accused ofquestionable behavior even though i didnt shoplift....i was wondering can i sue him and the store for assault??again i didn not steal anything and believe he went overboard with his actions....i have heard different things but i know and LP worker should not put their hands on someone who has not commited a crime....please someone let me know if you would know anything about and incident such as this

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NEW YORK
I was in a Duane Reade Pharmacy store , where i had placed some items in a store basket and decided not to purchase them, i put the basket down on the floor in the back of the store and left the store, I did not take any items out of the store or conceal any items either....i left and went to another Duane REade , about 6 blocks away and was confronted by security who wanted to look through a bag i had with me, he then told me to leave because i was in the other store and he said that i was going to leave the store with the whole basket ....i asked him how did he know i was goin to do that and that he shouldnt accuse me of anything like that , and that i didnt take anything so for him to leave me alone, we exchanged words and the arguement got a little heated, he then proceeded to put his hands around my neck and choke me and and shake me pretty hard, i left the store and called 911 to report it, the responding officers got his side and he admitted to them he choked me, they refuse to file the report because i was being accused ofquestionable behavior even though i didnt shoplift....i was wondering can i sue him and the store for assault??again i didn not steal anything and believe he went overboard with his actions....i have heard different things but i know and LP worker should not put their hands on someone who has not commited a crime....please someone let me know if you would know anything about and incident such as this
is this the same incident in which you were arrested at your residence by five police officers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">