• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrote checks for wheels & a trip never to either

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Reebok

Texas-
we wrote a check for $2400. for wheels and tires for 2 cars.
we were told they would be delivered in two weeks.
my husband loves to play golf, days later he was invited to enter a weekend tournament in Houston for $250. this was entry fee/hotel & transportation. we never got the wheels & tires and the trip never happened. we have not recieved any of our money back, this so-called friend called one day to say his was getting our money back for us but we havent heard from him anymore. what can we do?:mad:

HomeGuru

Reebok said:
Texas-
we wrote a check for $2400. for wheels and tires for 2 cars.
we were told they would be delivered in two weeks.
my husband loves to play golf, days later he was invited to enter a weekend tournament in Houston for $250. this was entry fee/hotel & transportation. we never got the wheels & tires and the trip never happened. we have not recieved any of our money back, this so-called friend called one day to say his was getting our money back for us but we havent heard from him anymore. what can we do?:mad:
My response: I don't know. I'm totally confused.

R

Reebok

the 1st check for $2400 was written in Oct 2001, written to an individual my husband has known (he thought) for years. the man claimed to do business with a company he never id in michigan. he said he could get us a better deal on chrome wheels plus tires.
during a two week period later in oct 2001 or early nov 2001 the same individual said he was one person short for a golf tournment, the entry fee/hotel & airfare from dallas to houston for 3 days 2 nights would be $250. my husband loves to golf so he wrote the 2nd check to the same man. 3 or 4 day before departure told my husband the trip was cancelled because of the plane crash in pennsylvania 2 of the other golfers were on that plane. my husband ask about the wheels at that time that were now a week late arriving.
we got a call in mid december that he was going to bring us our money back for the wheels & tires blaming the company he was doing business with and also that he was still waiting on the check for the trip to arrive = we have not heard from him anymore every phone # we had is disconnected. we just want to know what can we do $2650. is a lot. :mad: :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">