• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

999 Homeless Address reported to Credit Bureais

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popeye23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Various addresses for an individual have been reported over the years
credit bureaus. The subject has been homeless on and off for many years.
Most of these addresses are c/o General; Delivery.
The most recent however was:

Subject Name
999 Homeless
West Hills, CA 91307

People have suggested this might be some new identifier system
maybe going nationwide, and possibly part of DHS Food Stamp program .

Does any one have any thoughts on how an address like this could be reported to the credit bureaus,
and by whom or what agency?
Thank you

xylene

Many post offices, especially in urban areas, no longer deal with general delivery mail.

This is not a FEMA / DHS conspiracy.

I can't find any additional info on this address.

ecmst12

I don't think homeless people are generally too worried about their credit report. They generally have more important things to worry about.

popeye23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Various addresses for an individual have been reported over the years
credit bureaus. The subject has been homeless on and off for many years.
Most of these addresses are c/o General; Delivery.
The most recent however was:

Subject Name
999 Homeless
West Hills, CA 91307

People have suggested this might be some new identifier system
maybe going nationwide, and possibly part of DHS Food Stamp program .

Does any one have any thoughts on how an address like this could be reported to the credit bureaus,
and by whom or what agency?
Thank you

The 999 Homeless address does not indeed appear to be a Fema/DHS Conspiracy, nor is it a
clerical error. This address showed up in a SS# trace, dated from 07/15/2011 - 08/31/2011. The next report date was 10/19/2011 - 11/26/2011 in TX, but that was a General Delivery post office address. After one month, subject is back in CA at yet another General Delivery addresss in another city.
Obviously there is no street address "999 Homeless" in West Hills, Ca nor anywhere else. But it means something, and is not there by mistake. Maybe it's the way West Hills, Ca authorities identify homeless people,
because they either acquired or were given by the subject, his SS#. But why report it to the credit bureaus?
My question is very academic, and at the risk of sounding redundant, I repeat it again:

"How an address like this could be reported to the credit bureaus,
and by whom or what agency?"

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The 999 Homeless address does not indeed appear to be a Fema/DHS Conspiracy, nor is it a
clerical error. This address showed up in a SS# trace, dated from 07/15/2011 - 08/31/2011. The next report date was 10/19/2011 - 11/26/2011 in TX, but that was a General Delivery post office address. After one month, subject is back in CA at yet another General Delivery addresss in another city.
Obviously there is no street address "999 Homeless" in West Hills, Ca nor anywhere else. But it means something, and is not there by mistake. Maybe it's the way West Hills, Ca authorities identify homeless people,
because they either acquired or were given by the subject, his SS#. But why report it to the credit bureaus?
My question is very academic, and at the risk of sounding redundant, I repeat it again:

"How an address like this could be reported to the credit bureaus,
The same as any other address.

and by whom or what agency?"
The same as any other address.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">