• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Applying for a Real Estate License?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nyurch

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I have just completed all the necessary steps for applying for a re license. I have only one problem, my criminal history. Six years ago, I was involved in a misunderstanding involving a cigarette lighter and retail theft. My lawyer advised me to pay the fine (never arrested, just sent a fine in the mail), and it wouldn't effect my future, so that's what I did. (I'm assuming that I need to pay to get it expunged)
Then, a year later, I wrecked my vehicle, got arrested and charged with a DUI, an underage(I was 19, now 24) & careless driving. I went into the ARD program and through a public defender, the charges were all annulled and I was charged with reckless driving. When I received the PSP criminal backround check the only two things on it were a retail theft that it says "1 count, plead guily, payed fines" but it does not say whether it was a summary or misdemeanor or any type of charge. But for the reckless driving it says 1 count and "S" for summary charge, plead guilty,payed fines. Since the 2 incidences, I haven't even received a parking ticket .My two questions are:
A) Was I ever convicted of a felony or misdemeanor to answer yes on my application?
B)Chances of me being issued my license?

Thank you for any help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">