• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA EDD Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redheadedmama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have been sent a notice that I will need to attend an EDD hearing regarding my unemployment. Because of extenuating circumstances (physical illness, severe depression and being primary caretaker for my senile-dementia mother), I filed and got paid unemployment insurance while a disability insurance claim was pending.

I do not want more unemployment and am completely willing to pay back the UI overpayment, but I don't know how to explain that I did not WILLFULLY do this. I was (and am) sick, depressed and constantly dealing with a bi-polar sister who lives with me and my mother who has dementia and is an angry, aggressive woman who is still driving, despite repeated letters to doctors and the DMV. Anyway, my life is in a constant upheaval and I lost track of when I filed for disability. Do I need to hire a lawyer for this hearing? I'm so scared, I have no income and have to take care of my mom and sisterWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">