+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    can i appeal a motion for change of venue before the heaing

    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    You cannot appeal a motion!

    Dear Sir or Madam:

    You can only appeal a judge's decision.

    A motion is something that is not yet decided.

    If the judge grants the motion, then it is so ordered.

    Before the hearing of a motion, your only option is to file a motion to oppose the other party's motion. (ex: Plaintiff's Motion in Opposition of Defendant's Motion to Change Venue)

    Then you may argue the reasons you oppose at the hearing.

    If the motion to change venue is is ordered, you can possibly request a rehearing of your opposition to such order but you must have new reasons to request a rehearing.

    You cannot appeal a motion. You can only appeal a final judgment of the case.

    Hope this helps.

    I am not an attorney.

    I recommend you go to your local library and find a book on how to represent yourself in court. Using online forums is not a good way to proceed through a court action.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. motion for change of venue
    By tabitha sabrsul in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
  2. Change of Venue and how to appeal
    By Micmogen in forum Civil Litigation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM
  3. Motion for a change of Venue
    By maggie14 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 01:35 PM
  4. appeal for a change of venue Paternity
    By SoulCoughing in forum Marriage, Domestic Partnerships and Other Family Law Matters
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2002, 11:47 AM
  5. motion for change of venue
    By uncle in forum Civil Litigation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2001, 05:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.