• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetary issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kricket59

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in a town of 4500 in Ohio. My 18 year old son was killed in an auto accident in April 2008. A wood and wrought iron memorial bench was placed at his cemetary spot. In July 2010 city council changed cemetary rules that will allow only concrete benches. In September 2011 city manager sent me a letter stating I had 30 days to remove his bench. I have went to council meetings and now have a petition going around. I have NOT removed his bench. They are now saying they will remove it. His bench was there for two years before they made the new ordinence. Do I have to remove it?:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

tranquility

I suspect what they do is legal. But, the answer is probably going to lie in the documents you got when the plot was purchased.

Hot Topic

I agree. There should be a mention in the documents you received regarding changes in the regulations.

I can see why they would consider a concrete bench more suitable than a wood and wrought iron one. The weather would probably damage the wood.

Sympathies for your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">