• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City made repairs to my property without my consent, now billing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

I hate to say this but I agree with the origional poster. I lived in a town in NJ where they would come and cut your grass then charge like $75.00 bucks, a 60' * 100' lot at their discretion on what was to high, this was their employees were slow, no safety hazard. There's now an ordinance were you have to cut the grass in front of your house or on the side even though it's the township property. Ex neighbor just lost in court stating he has no obligation to care for township property. You can't leave old cars outside on your property even if they are registered and insured. We are sheepeople who allow this to happen it's not about safety but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but I'll bet anything they charged him double what it would have cost to do it himself? Just a though.
PS I moved to enother state and a town that has absolutely no zoning,

Barwick11 said:
Thank you. An answer that actually makes sense, explaining why cities think they can do what they do. Although I disagree with the assertions cities have made on this topic.

BelizeBreeze

45Frank said:
I hate to say this but I agree with the origional poster. I lived in a town in NJ where they would come and cut your grass then charge like $75.00 bucks, a 60' * 100' lot at their discretion on what was to high, this was their employees were slow, no safety hazard. There's now an ordinance were you have to cut the grass in front of your house or on the side even though it's the township property. Ex neighbor just lost in court stating he has no obligation to care for township property. You can't leave old cars outside on your property even if they are registered and insured. We are sheepeople who allow this to happen it's not about safety but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but I'll bet anything they charged him double what it would have cost to do it himself? Just a though.
PS I moved to enother state and a town that has absolutely no zoning,
Regardless of what you THINK is the correct answer, the fact remains, this poster has NO case.

PERIOD!

45Frank

And as in my Post my neighbor lost and yes you are absolutely Correct!

BelizeBreeze said:
Regardless of what you THINK is the correct answer, the fact remains, this poster has NO case.

PERIOD!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">