• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

city posted a "no parking sign"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaegersdad

What is the name of your state? PA
I am not sure if this is even the right forum, but a local and small municipality in Northeast PA has posted a no parking this side 120 feet from the corner I live on so I cannot park anywhere near the front of my house even to unload groceries. This all started when I moved in 5 years ago there was a sign posted 60 feet from the corner and my neighbor didnt want me parking there. I inquired at the borough about the local ordinances and they responded that there were no ordinances in effect for my street. I wrote a letter to have the sign removed and about a week later it was removed, only to find it replaced about a week later with one now 120 feet from corner. I have been trying to get answers but they keep ignoring me. I have checked again and the borough secratary still responds that there are no ordinances for my street. This may sound trivial to most but imagine if you had to park your car 135 feet from your house every day without good reason. I have called local lawyers and they just say there is nothing they can do. Please help, I am willing to pay for help, but the area is so small, I cannot break through the "good-ol-boys" network here!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">