• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Code Enforcement in Florida II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buchanovich

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

In Florida, does code enforcement have the power to issue a bench warrant? My house is in foreclosure and code found some violations - basic maintenance stuff - and called me saying they issued a warning (never got any) and then said they would issue a citation and I could be pulled over and arrested at a traffic stop. Look, the house is in foreclosure and soon will be owned by the bank. What do they want? Or, do they have to wait for the citation date to pass and the magistrate issue? I was under the impression that all they could do was impose fines which travel as a lien on the property. Can they have one arrested?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

In Florida, does code enforcement have the power to issue a bench warrant? My house is in foreclosure and code found some violations - basic maintenance stuff - and called me saying they issued a warning (never got any) and then said they would issue a citation and I could be pulled over and arrested at a traffic stop. Look, the house is in foreclosure and soon will be owned by the bank. What do they want? Or, do they have to wait for the citation date to pass and the magistrate issue? I was under the impression that all they could do was impose fines which travel as a lien on the property. Can they have one arrested?
An attorney in your state will answer your question(s) and will not "nitpick". :rolleyes:

ETA: OP was rude to another member after necroposting and hijacking a 7 year old thread and told it was frowned on here. ;)

CdwJava

And to lay the question to rest: Code Enforcement does not have the power to issue a warrant - only a judge can do that. That can happen if a citation is issued and you fail to appear or take care of the citation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">