• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nckids

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have a Visitation/Temporary Custody Order that expires March 1, 2011. The wording in the order states This temporary order will remain in effect until March 1, 2011 or until the Chapter 50 custody hearing whichever comes first. The Chapter 50 hearing isn't until May 4, 2011. Will the ordered visitation days and Temporary Custody Crder be continued or will it actually expire? I heard a mediator state it would be extended but she would not respond any further than saying wait until mediation to find out. The Mediation has been waived due to the DVPO. Does anyone in this forum know what is actually going to happen? I have consulted with two atty's and they seem to be just as confused as why the Judge would set the order to run out before the hearing and seem to be unsure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">