• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criteria for Court Approved Third Party Programs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCAnthony

This question is not specific to a city or state but more of a general question to those who may have had experience in this area.

I'm currently dealing with a client who is in the process of becoming a third-party vendor for court approved programs. His company is a LLC and is a provider of programs like Defensive Driving, Substance Abuse and Effective Decision Making. These are the sort of programs a person may be required to attend after being sentenced for a DUI, or even beforehand in a diversion program.

My client tells me that in our city there is no specific criteria whatsoever, nothing written or otherwise, for becoming an approved vendor. If I'm getting the story correct I find this extremely unethical, not that it really surprises me.

It essentially means the approved vendors for this sort of thing are just being picked at a whim, whoever knows people on the committee. My question is to anyone who has had experience in this area - have you ever created a set of criteria or had to meet some sort of criteria for programs such as this, and if so, could you cite references available on the internet. I would like to see an example but I haven't had much luck.

Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">