• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delayed birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Randomperson123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,I really need help,you see,I don't have a birth certificate,I want to get a delayed birth certificate,but I don't know if I can get all of the documents the want to see,and I don't know if any of my family members would be willing to sign an affidavit(we're not exactly the most functional family),what should I do?

I have the fake birth certificate they make at the hospital,but I'm not sure if I can get anything else,I really need help,things are really looking bad.

justalayman

were you born in Indiana?

what year?

If you have the hospital certificate, that means you were born at a hospital. It is a legal reqquirement the hospital file the info for a birth certificate with the state within 5 days of the birth. Are you saying that for some reason the hospital was derelict in their obligations?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello,I really need help,you see,I don't have a birth certificate,I want to get a delayed birth certificate,but I don't know if I can get all of the documents the want to see,and I don't know if any of my family members would be willing to sign an affidavit(we're not exactly the most functional family),what should I do?

I have the fake birth certificate they make at the hospital,but I'm not sure if I can get anything else,I really need help,things are really looking bad.
Are you sure that you understand the situation? Anyone who is born in a hospital has a birth certificate, you simply may not have an official copy of it. If you ask the question "how do I get a birth certificate if I don't have one?" you are going to get a different answer than if you ask the question "how do I get a copy of my birth certificate?".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">