• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Department of Labor question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

berdonj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
I resigned from my former employee due to do safety issues. I have a CDL license and drove for a company transporting tourist and pilots to different resorts and doing other transports of missing bag to customers. My former company had me driving over 10 hours without a break on many of my shifts. My question to you is I had applied for Unemployment benefits and it's been 3 months that I haven't received a notice. My claim has been pending for review for 3 months now. I have called the examiner on several occasions and not received any notice from them. The last time she did call 2 weeks ago she told me I would receive a notice in a week. It hasn't happen. I told her everything there is to know and still no response. We already spoke about the reason I left and she understood, but told me that she has to review my claim again. Hey it's been 3 months and no response. Another question is if I left my job for safety reason and I told the examiner that I was tired and fatigue from driving over the 10 hr and no break. The DOT law state that a CDL driver must have an hour break when driving over 10 hrs. I told the examiner that I could seriously get into an accident and the customers also and get physically hurt. I'm not the only driver that this company has done this too. They are still doing it to many of the drivers. I spoke to the Supervisor before I left telling him why I was leaving the company. He understood and told me to summit a resignation letter. I just want to know if I have a good case and why is the Department of Labor prolonging my claim? Is there anything else I can do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">