• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV wont issue me ID until I meet with Inspector General's Office

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dittmaraz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

How this happened is when I was homeless for a period of time, things were stolen all the time from me, including my ID.

When I got a replacement id, Id always ask them for a different drivers license number, thinking it would help me against identity theft.

But then, one time they see that I have 5+ times changing my DL numbers so they ask me why. Told them. I didnt know it then, but they apparently didn't believe me, so they secretly made a note on my file and replaced my id with the same DL number as before.

Nowadays, they refuse any replacement, and say I have to call the Inspectors Generals office with a case number they gave me and schedule an appointment with them. That's a criminal justice dept, right?

Did I commit any crime here? I've never even heard of the inspector general.

thanks for any advice
Sean D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">