• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does our "village" have this authority?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyblue3

Our village of 1000 residents(located in the state of Illinois) currently have city water and septic systems. The village is installing a sewer system, that we must hook onto (paying for ourselves, costing about $1300.00) The sewer system will not even be completely installed or functioning for another year, but they have already started charging us, as if we are already hooked onto it and are able to use it. Is this really legal?? We citizens feel as if we are paying for SERVICES NOT RENDERED!!! Answers to this question would be GREATLY appreciated by A LOT of citizens that feel as if they are being taken advantage of by ANOTHER (even though smaller) form of government!! Thank You

Last edited:

xylene

I don't have kids... but I have to pay the school fees.

There are many municipal services that I don't or can't use but must pay.

I don't see your "being taken advantage of" claim.

It's more like paying for a bridge that is under construction. :)

Handcoc

The 1300 is not to hook u up to sewers but to pay for the bonds that are being used to pay for the sewers (see the difference).

So every pays & as far as who gets hooked up first, call the village & ask. I think you already know.

IMO sewers are the only city function worth what you pay. Police, fire, library, schools, etc. are all over priced services and all but schools are not needed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">