• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Eminent Domain Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DanHazley

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I was informed back in Sept 2009 the State was taking my property under eminent domain for highway construction. I understand there is little to nothing I can do about this. My question concerns my possible right to sue for "Lack of Timely Due Process".

The states inattentiveness to the matter still hasn't been settled. Because of this, I am now at risk of losing my business as I've been paying thousands of dollars to rent a new shop because the state indicated back on 5/22/2011 that settlement would be within 2 months.

I was proactive, expecting them to settle, here we are 5 months later and still haven't settled. Now they are telling me..."when" we move, I have to provide paid receipts for any moving related expenses incurred in order to be considered for reimbursement.

My question is, if this process, and the state's lack of timeliness causes be to go bankrupt, do I have any recourse to go after them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">