• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ethics violation during a medical licencing exam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troubled11

ethics violation during a medical licensing exam

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NYS--

Hi,

I am accused of an ethics violation during a medical licencing exam.

I walked out of an 8 hour Board Licensing exam at the 4 hour mark. I went to a doctor and got a note that I was sick. I sent this to the licensing board hoping to get a faster re-test based on sickness and to have the failed grade removed..

Today I received their reply. They say I stayed longer than 8 hours and they think I was trying to steal the test questions so I can do better next time. I am barred for 2 years from taking the exam.
I wasn't stealing test questions and I signed in and out at the testing center!

Do I have to get a lawyer to write a letter to the appeals board? I've heard ethics rulings are rarely overturned on appeal.

Can anyone please give me some advice?

Thank you!

Last edited:

justalayman

how is your life over? They said you are barred from taking the exam for 2 years. Unless you are like 86 already, 2 years isn't your entire remaining life.

so, you claim you left after 4 hours but they claim you were there over 8 hours. Did the proctor record the time you left when you went and told them you were leaving. After all, you would have had to turn in your exam to them, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">