• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Sunshine Law and Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FLlaw111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

I am a student at a Florida university. At my schools' student government the senate follows a state law which says that when a bill is being discussed for the funding of something, no past bills can be mentioned. So if a bill comes up that proposes to spend $10,000 on a giant statue of Homer Simpson, no one is allowed to mention what the average funding bill costs, or what the last 10 bills were for or anything like that.

The trouble is that I cannot locate this law anywhere in the Sunshine Law Statutes it is said to be a part of.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Oh, and now that I think of it I remember I was also told by staff that any request for information by a student directed toward student government officials did not have any time limit and could be postponed indefinitely.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Florida

I am a student at a Florida university. At my schools' student government the senate follows a state law which says that when a bill is being discussed for the funding of something, no past bills can be mentioned. So if a bill comes up that proposes to spend $10,000 on a giant statue of Homer Simpson, no one is allowed to mention what the average funding bill costs, or what the last 10 bills were for or anything like that.

The trouble is that I cannot locate this law anywhere in the Sunshine Law Statutes it is said to be a part of.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Oh, and now that I think of it I remember I was also told by staff that any request for information by a student directed toward student government officials did not have any time limit and could be postponed indefinitely.

Thank you,

We don't do research.

csi7

I would submit this question to the website of MyFlorida.com. It lists the state agencies, and allows you to submit queries on-line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">