• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Food stamp/unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maria1979

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona, Pima County
An old family friend opened an account with both of our names on it as a way for me to pay my bills while in school full-time. This is not free money it is a personal loan(we have a notarized repayment plan which starts when I graduate and gain employment). I was wondering if this affects food stamps/unemployment benefits. I live in Pima County, AZ

xylene

If you are in school full time you are not available for work and are not eligible for unemployment.

There are rather complex calculations to determine food stamp eligibility, you will need to discuss the specific circumstances with your case worker. I can say DO NOT conceal the loan money you receive from this family friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">