• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Georgia department of human resources

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terrip06

GEORGIA Department of Human Resources used an "ALIAS" for the name of a child, born to an unwed mother.back in 1993 to produce a Complaint, Court Order, IDO or IWO against my son. They did this to make it appear that the child had the same last name as my son when he didn't, my son wasn't listed on the B.C, Paternity was never established according to the Paternity Laws in Georgia. My son was incarcerated for something else. He was indigent, 8 grade education and incarcerated and the paperwork was sent to different family members addresses over the years, never certified mail. (Only 3 document 's over the last 21 years though) , in 2006 they changed the Child's name to his Birth Name, did a Nisi ruling, said that they mailed it to my sisters house, but we have never saw any of these documents until recently. I have just found the Court Documents and realized that everything they did was illegal, so my question is can I and who do I contact to have this whole mess dismissed with Prejudice? Georgia Department of Human Resources? The DISTRICT ATTORNEY Office (Who filed for them) The Superior Court where the Complaint was filed and Order Issued. Remember, we didn't have Internet back then, low education, poor southern folks. Thank you for any information that you can provide me with. I'm sick and I can't afford to hire an Attorney so I have to do this myself. .

LdiJ

GEORGIA Department of Human Resources used an "ALIAS" for the name of a child, born to an unwed mother.back in 1993 to produce a Complaint, Court Order, IDO or IWO against my son. They did this to make it appear that the child had the same last name as my son when he didn't, my son wasn't listed on the B.C, Paternity was never established according to the Paternity Laws in Georgia. My son was incarcerated for something else. He was indigent, 8 grade education and incarcerated and the paperwork was sent to different family members addresses over the years, never certified mail. (Only 3 document 's over the last 21 years though) , in 2006 they changed the Child's name to his Birth Name, did a Nisi ruling, said that they mailed it to my sisters house, but we have never saw any of these documents until recently. I have just found the Court Documents and realized that everything they did was illegal, so my question is can I and who do I contact to have this whole mess dismissed with Prejudice? Georgia Department of Human Resources? The DISTRICT ATTORNEY Office (Who filed for them) The Superior Court where the Complaint was filed and Order Issued. Remember, we didn't have Internet back then, low education, poor southern folks. Thank you for any information that you can provide me with. I'm sick and I can't afford to hire an Attorney so I have to do this myself. .
I am unclear as to what it is that you need to do. I am also unclear on what they actually did that you believe is illegal.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You can't do squat. This is Son's problem, not yours. :cool:

single317dad

To clarify, your son was named the father of a child in 1993, was ordered to pay support, did not pay, and recently there was a show cause hearing? Presumably, the state is trying to collect support for all the public assistance they provided for the mother?

Regardless of the answers to those questions, I agree that this is not your problem.

LdiJ

To clarify, your son was named the father of a child in 1993, was ordered to pay support, did not pay, and recently there was a show cause hearing? Presumably, the state is trying to collect support for all the public assistance they provided for the mother?

Regardless of the answers to those questions, I agree that this is not your problem.
Maybe...that post was so convoluted that I am not entirely sure that she is not the mother of the child involved in possibly a child support order. You are probably right, but the OP REALLY needs to clarify the situation...and spell things out rather than using initials or acronyms.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Maybe...that post was so convoluted that I am not entirely sure that she is not the mother of the child involved in possibly a child support order. You are probably right, but the OP REALLY needs to clarify the situation...and spell things out rather than using initials or acronyms.
Not hard to see that OP is concerned with her ADULT son's legal problem. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">