• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going for a 2nd appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laup25

hello

I had a hearing with the ADJ about a week ago for an overpayment from 2014. I did not know what I was doing when I had my hearing or what to say. I freaked out and had an anxiety attack during my hearing and did prove my case to him about why my appeal was late. I stated to him that I was confused and did not know how to go about things which was true but I forgot to mention to him during this hearing while having an anxiety attack (wasn't thinking straight). That I did not file this appeal on time because I was told by EDD that this case was attached to another case from 2012. So I assumed that they already had made the decision for me since they add this case to another case. They also told me that my monthly payment would be going up because more $$ was going to be added so it from 61 to 359. So I took it I couldn't appeal this decision based on the fact that they had this case to another case which I was told they were not suppose too added both cases together. When I found out that my monthly overpayment was going up all I could do was think how to pay for this ever month ( I Cant afford to pay this amount every month) . I spoke to EDD several times about this overpayment amount and on how I could lower it but they said they couldn't . I then spoke to another EDD rep and she told me to file an appeal and talk to the judge and to pile my case . So that's what I did but as I letting you know the judge ruled against me and said that I did not have good cause on why my appeal was late.

So my appeal was dismissed and I don't agree with it. Because I wasn't able to really tell he why I filed my appeal late.
So I have the option of appealing the ADJ ruling but im not sure how to go about it.

what are my chances of me getting a second hearing based on the fact that I had an anxiety attack during this simple late hearing? or would they just give me a decision based on what I submit and what I said on the recording during my late appeal?

I would like to write the appeal on my own and see what they say. I cannot afford a lawyer but I am going to consult with a lawyer about this matter anyways.

need help writing 2nd appeal

I live in California

Please help.

thanks

commentator

My sentiment to you is, "Come on dude, nobody's that dumb!" If you're so emotional and shifty that you can't figure out how to look for jobs appropriately, and you can't figure out how to tell them you can't look for jobs because you are so all in a panic, what possible reason could you come up with that would be decisive?

Last edited:

Proserpina

hello

I had a hearing with the ADJ about a week ago for an overpayment from 2014. I did not know what I was doing when I had my hearing or what to say. I freaked out and had an anxiety attack during my hearing and did prove my case to him about why my appeal was late. I stated to him that I was confused and did not know how to go about things which was true but I forgot to mention to him during this hearing while having an anxiety attack (wasn't thinking straight). That I did not file this appeal on time because I was told by EDD that this case was attached to another case from 2012. So I assumed that they already had made the decision for me since they add this case to another case. They also told me that my monthly payment would be going up because more $$ was going to be added so it from 61 to 359. So I took it I couldn't appeal this decision based on the fact that they had this case to another case which I was told they were not suppose too added both cases together. When I found out that my monthly overpayment was going up all I could do was think how to pay for this ever month ( I Cant afford to pay this amount every month) . I spoke to EDD several times about this overpayment amount and on how I could lower it but they said they couldn't . I then spoke to another EDD rep and she told me to file an appeal and talk to the judge and to pile my case . So that's what I did but as I letting you know the judge ruled against me and said that I did not have good cause on why my appeal was late.

So my appeal was dismissed and I don't agree with it. Because I wasn't able to really tell he why I filed my appeal late.
So I have the option of appealing the ADJ ruling but im not sure how to go about it.

what are my chances of me getting a second hearing based on the fact that I had an anxiety attack during this simple late hearing? or would they just give me a decision based on what I submit and what I said on the recording during my late appeal?

I would like to write the appeal on my own and see what they say. I cannot afford a lawyer but I am going to consult with a lawyer about this matter anyways.

need help writing 2nd appeal

I live in California

Please help.

thanks
Nobody here is going to help you write an appeal. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

peterut

What you have to do.

1, File your appeal that you did not have all the facts and now you do and wish to the court.

2. Show you can can not afford the 352 dollars month and be real. If you make more 3000 a month don't try unless you go some big child support payment.

3. Agree or disagree with what said is owned. And show why if you do not agree.

Everything is like a little kid why daddy why daddy and proof on paper. Words mean nothing. Documents is everything.

Good luck

Proserpina

1, File your appeal that you did not have all the facts and now you do and wish to the court.

2. Show you can can not afford the 352 dollars month and be real. If you make more 3000 a month don't try unless you go some big child support payment.

3. Agree or disagree with what said is owned. And show why if you do not agree.

Everything is like a little kid why daddy why daddy and proof on paper. Words mean nothing. Documents is everything.

Good luck
Did you actually read the initial post?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">