• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has anyone won a Overpament of unemployment benefite to EDD?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missanxiety

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Has anyone ever won a unemployment case where they had to pay back benefits becuase you didnt know that even though you were getting unemployment benefits from your original full time employer and had a P/t job at the same time working 7-10 hours a week you also had to report that you quit this p/t job? Though the p/t hours were recorded and you were still getting paid unemployment benefits. I need advise here . Thanks.
Also any ideas on how to put together a financial statement so that I can show the judge It will be a huge financial hardship to repay this huge amount. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just to be clear, you QUIT your P/T time and didn't mention that to the State?

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Has anyone ever won a unemployment case where they had to pay back benefits becuase you didnt know that even though you were getting unemployment benefits from your original full time employer and had a P/t job at the same time working 7-10 hours a week you also had to report that you quit this p/t job? Though the p/t hours were recorded and you were still getting paid unemployment benefits. I need advise here . Thanks.
Also any ideas on how to put together a financial statement so that I can show the judge It will be a huge financial hardship to repay this huge amount. Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
The difficulty in reaching EDD should NOT have kept you from calling them to ask your questions.

If paying back the money from your part time job would mean a financial hardship, you shouldn't have quit.

With everyone held accountable for finding a job, I don't believe for a minute that you didn't realize that you'd also be accountable for quitting one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">