• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

healthcare mandate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

ive just been receintly hired at a new job as of 12/8/14 , but am not eligible for healthcare benefits till 3/8/15 (90 days per insurance co). so do I pay the penalty for no healthcare after 2/15/15 ,

get it for a month thru govt website ?

there has to something for people in my situation ?

anybody know any facts ? kinda would like to do taxes soon.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

ive just been receintly hired at a new job as of 12/8/14 , but am not eligible for healthcare benefits till 3/8/15 (90 days per insurance co). so do I pay the penalty for no healthcare after 2/15/15 ,

get it for a month thru govt website ?

there has to something for people in my situation ?

anybody know any facts ? kinda would like to do taxes soon.
You actually won't have an insurance gap for tax purposes. If you had insurance for any part of February, it counts as being insured for the month. If you have insurance for any part of March it counts as having insurance for the month. In any case, it would not be a factor on your 2014 tax return. (the one that you would be doing now) It would be a factor on your 2015 tax return. Again, however, since you will be insured for part of each month, you will be fine.

In addition, there is the "short gap" exemption that allows for people to be without insurance for a couple of months due to things like changing jobs. So even if you had no insurance for a couple of months you would qualify for the short gap exemption.

pac72

I was insured till oct 2014 then left that job for another , that one didn't work out, so have technically been uninsured since oct.

my newest job working out great , im just up against the 90 day wait time now.per insurance co

LdiJ

I was insured till oct 2014 then left that job for another , that one didn't work out, so have technically been uninsured since oct.

my newest job working out great , im just up against the 90 day wait time now.per insurance co
Were you insured for any part of October? If so, you should still qualify for the short gap exemption for 2014. It also appears that you would qualify for the short gap exemption for 2015 as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">